Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Well, this is my first post. Tonight is an interesting night. Right now, I should be reading the new testament for school, but instead I've been engaging in therapy. First, I called a friend of mine (I guess I'm going to talk frankly about everyone I know, so if you should ever be reading this and I should ever offend you, please bitch me out as it will make my life quite interesting...I'm serious :-) and he got mad at me because I'm very argumentative. I'm trying not to be argumentative. I've thought about Freudian analysis (it's a defense mechanism), about philosophy (I'm really just a seeker after the truth), but when it comes all down to it, sometimes I just have poor social skills. So he chewed me out (well he said he wasn't chewing me out, so he was) and then he hung up on me, and I felt bad. So I wrote a long letter to another one of his friends and even though it was completely incoherent, I felt better afterwards. So that means in total I have had two completely socially inept conversations tonight.

After that, I read Ellipsis, which is a cool site. You have to go to www.du.edu/~wmoore. He's a friend of mine, he and his boyfriend Britten. They're both friends of mine. I used to date Britten actually. He was feeling depressed the last time I read him, but he seemed better today. Anyway, it's kind've from him I'm getting the idea of doing this. I mean, I like to write, and granted this is very conversational and not serious creative writing, but I think it's helpful to assess what happens to you everyday. And it's entertaining to read. Yes! I am trying to entertain people, I am communicating with an audience ? it will be good for me.

So Chris was depressed and I was inspired and here I am. Now, other business. Tonight I had flute choir, which went well. Other than that, I simply uh...wrote a french paper (they're harder to write when they're in french because you try to think of a good idea and then you realize, "Damn it, I have to translate my idea into French" and then you scrap the good ones and you write only about the bad ones). Sorry about all the parentheticals. Consider them introductory material.

I could talk all about myself, but I think I'll become evident if I write here long enough. Kind've after Emerson. Oh good lord, Martha. I'm absolutely in love with the play Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf and I quote from it all the time. Lessee, lessee, what else? Well hmm...I woke up at 9:00 today. I've officially discontinued that whole alarm thing. I very much anti-time, in the sense that I do not approve of it. I think the world would be a far better place without it. Just freeze everything exactly as it is now. Like when snow is falling all around swirling and it's cold and everything is wonderful, keep it like that forever. A block of ice.

Well, that should do it for the day. I shall write more. This shall become a past-time. It is something constructive to do, it's psychologically helpful, I might make friends...Oh yes I am certainly optimistic about this. Yes indeed.

No comments: