Sunday, April 06, 2003

Oh no...we lost an hour! We lost a damn hour! Aaagh. That ruins everything. That means I have to sleep until 11 tomorrow so I can get eight hours of sleep, and then, not counting getting ready for the day and all that, I only will have one or maybe two hours to work on my essay. Ack!

I spent all night after 9:15 or so working on my essay. Except for when I started gossiping with some girls about the residents of our dorms. It's amazing how creepy people become when you start gossiping about them. Perfeclty decent people become...monsters. Oh well. I'm not sure if I can believe any of it.

Little crisis with Ben, my ex. I was talking to him last night, only it wasn't him, it was his friends pretending...not to be him, but to be his new beau. So I thought he had a new beau. So contrary to all logic, I was jealous, even though I should be over him by now and have, in fact, been okay with the fact that we're not dating for several months now. It's amazing how fragile a thing the psyche is. Well, at least he told me later that I was being tricked. And I was. How mean of them. But oh well, life is forgive and forget and so forth. No nursing wounds in the heart. You get worms that way.

I'm so tired I can barely think. It is time for sleep. And tomorrow? More Lucretius. Oh God, and I was reading some Catullus today too. About Lesbia's pet sparrow. First, her name is Lesbia. Second, she has a very interesting relationship with that sparrow. Who knew sparrows were a cure for sexual tension? It bites a lot.

No comments: