Friday, December 17, 2004

Oh time! Every moment, you take some away
And bring anew things to birth: I can imagine
The cells dividing, augmenting themselves
And multiplying, poised at problems: red,
The gummy iron, white, only for the dearth
Of dirt, parsed particles devouring and engaging
Such small things, and shortening always
So the centers of pleasure grow dim; but every motion
Is the thrust of necessity, blind necessity beyond
The mind, the particles of the mind, just like a dove
Wings aloft, a white streak in the aether, above
The glistening sun, beyond the towers, the departing
Shadow is all that's left, all I can see. I wish the milk juices
Of poetry could invigorate my body, and sayings do, redo,
Rewrite my life. But I've fallen into the valley of forgettings,
Where motions pass into imaginations, paginations
Wrinkle out like yellow meads that drink the bleeding stars,
Sunflower seeds'.

No comments: