Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Alencia Speaks!

Dawn, by Alencia Lysander

When I unveiled my entire body to her,
Stripping off the folds of gleaming
Priestly white to reveal the rich and saffron
Hues of golden skin beneath, glowing in multi-layered
Brilliance of rippling muscles
And the scent of lake-fed, cusping herbs

Her blood, you can bet, was boiling
The way your water bubbles when you stir the tea,
Mixing in the crocus and the argent berries, funnelling
The ruby dust of crushed hyacinth so
That the aroma wings up
In the Elysian mists of soup
Like some delicate bird, your drink:

I quenched my blood in the savor of her hot lips: delicate one,
You whose beauty is the wave of ivy wrapping round tree
Of blue pealing souls, dividing from one another ardently to the sky
From their roots, and your limbs are the routes
Of empire, and I have traveled everywhere from the capital to the heart
Like an errant begging for kisses and benediction, and I have kneeled
At your temple; so you transformed my juice into wine,
My veins into masmatic gold, and I feel a new breath rising
Deep from the earth:

There will come the unity of my soul with my brother soul
Across the wide wastes of the ocean that he worships like the setting dawn, and then
We will fly free as the bluebird into the first arch of spring
Through the gleaming horizon that fades in the parallax vertigo of the present
Time; then we will see, all things
Will be renewed, and every voice will blaze up like a living flame, or he'd say
Like the perspiring wicks of the dusk, and I'd say dawn: my prophecy.

No comments: